Would women be surprised to learn that we are not having as many orgasms as our male counterparts? In other words, women and men have unequal orgasms. Heterosexual women are having fewer orgasms compared to heterosexual men during sexual activity.
According to a study published by the Journal of Sexual Medicine, men still have more orgasms than women; 85% to our 62%.
I am curious about the juxtaposition between women striving and demanding equal treatment in the workforce with salaries and at our homes concerning chores. We have achieved equal rights, the right to vote, and almost equal pay yet we are allowing inequality regarding having an orgasm during sexual activity with our partner.
Why do we fall short in demanding equal treatment in the bedroom?
Women are capable of having orgasms 85% percent of the time, hell; some of us are able to have multiple orgasms (vaginal and clitoral). Having an orgasm takes time and patience; it is not as quick for females as it is for males. The clitoris is typically the female anatomy part that assists most women in having an orgasm.
Focusing on stimulating the clitoris through manual or oral touch begins the process of achieving an orgasm. It can take as long as 15 minutes before a woman climaxes and 8 to 10 contractions happen within the vagina after an orgasm is achieved.
Orgasms feel great. It has been stated that the brain of someone having an orgasm looks similar to a brain of a person taking heroin.
6 benefits of having an orgasm
- It releases the hormone oxytocin, this hormone assists with bonding with our partner
- It releases the hormone dopamine; this is the feel-good hormone and it assists with craving the feeling again
- It increases blood flow in the pelvic region
- It assists with feeling a deep sense of relaxation and improves sleep
- Of the four stages of sexual response (excitement, plateau, orgasm, and resolution), the resolution is not experienced by women meaning females can have multiple orgasms
- It burns calories
Are women aware of these intricacies’? Is awareness the solution to balance out this discrepancy in the bedroom?